Monday, April 11, 2016

To Kill a Mockingbird - reading!

Hey everyone. I am sorry that I cannot be with you today. I know you've missed me; I missed you too, and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Please treat Mr. Benson with the utmost respect so that we can all come back tomorrow in good moods.

Let me just say that I totally know and understand that some of you have been worrying about Expository Research Paper related issues (and other grade things). Trust Mr. Benson when he tells you that you're going to be okay, and we'll deal with it. I will be available at lunch tomorrow as well as after school for a couple hours. Find time then to come to me and investigate the issue.

Your essays will probably not ALL be graded by tomorrow. I'm doing my best. There are a lot of you. My goal is that they're done on Wednesday by the time I see you.

Today's Goal: Get back in the swing of English class and do some reading.

The Plan:

  1. Book Love Reading! Let's get back in this habit, please!
  2. To Kill a Mockingbird Review
  3. Read Chapter 4 of To Kill a Mockingbird
  4. Purposes for Reading Questions (Chapter 4 P4R DUE before you leave today.)
  5. If time, start reading chapter 5


Purposes for Reading, Chapter 4 
You will write this on paper in complete sentences and you will turn it in BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY. Don't waste your class time. Be detailed, thorough, and use evidence. It's worth your time to practice this.

  1. Read to document the reasons (find evidence and explain) why Scout doesn’t want to play the “new” summertime game anymore.
  2. Harper Lee illustrates that even the children adopt the assumptions the town has placed on the Radley place.  Document where we see this in the chapter (that means use evidence to answer the question).  What are some reasons she might choose to include the children? 


Homework/Important Dates:

  • Due to my absence today, your quiz has been moved. Sorry about that. Now you can be extra prepared.
  • QUIZ tomorrow, Tuesday, April 12
    • Chapter 3-4 quiz of To Kill a Mockingbird
    • It will be no more than 10 questions.
  • Vocab IDEO practice due Wednesday, April 13
  • You must complete a Book Love selection by April 22. That's about two weeks from now. I believe in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment