Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Moral Courage

Also, read with a pencil/highlighter in hand.
Today's Goal: Learn the "Say Something" Protocol when reading with a partner, and explore multiple aspects of a text using SOAPSTone.

The Plan:

1. Chapter 22-25 Quiz
2. Review of Poetry Classwork yesterday
3. Using the "Say Something" Protocol
4. SOAPSTone

Homework/Important Dates:

  • Read Chapter 26 and 27 for homework
    • Ch. 26-27 Question on Classroom
    • Quiz THURSDAY (26-28)


Bonus: Some anonymous short poems from yesterday, written by your peers:

Example 1:
I see America 
I do something good
I think I should
But it's not recognized 
I hide 
I wait until the sun rise
I hope the sun comes
I live america

Example 2:
Sometimes you have a dream,
This can affect your spring,
You want to have the same rights,
then you need to learn how to fight.
You are born, you live, and you die,
so, don't make your life pass by.

Example 3:
Tom was innocent
and everyone knew.
But they were just scared
to admit what was true.

By setting him free,
they would have to make up their mind.
This action would be,
very foreign to their kind.

Though they don't like blacks,
they could have made the right decision.
But they didn´t
their racism blurring their vision.

This however was still a step
For Maycomb to have a better rep.

Example 4:
Tom Robinson's Perspective:
I walk by harmlessly day by day
Only to find an intriguing witness sway me away
Why would I expect to be treated the same
No one will justify that I did not play
They sneer at me and mock me
Oh how I wish to be free
When all these white humans stare at me
Maybe there is a way to take away the pain
Why do I have to stay under their rein?

No comments:

Post a Comment